In marketing, the expression ‘creative’ usually refers to two things:
- Creative is the artwork, photo, video, design, copy and concept that goes into a website design or paid advertisement.
- A ‘creative’ means a person whose job involves creative work.
I want to talk more about creatives used in paid advertisements; more details about it in bullet points:
- The creative is the core message of your marketing.
- Creatives can be images, videos, audio, and other formats that get delivered to users.
- Creatives must be aligned with each other when you create them for ads. The best practice in paid ads is when pictures or other media complement each other (e.g. photos matching the text). These creatives can only bring in the desired results when done this way.
- Creatives are the material used to generate leads and sell advertising for marketing.
- In the ordinary language, creatives are developed by art directors, creative directors and copywriters in an advertising agency.
- You may have heard others refer to ads as creatives. Like online paid advertisements, printed banner ads etc.
- Creatives are the promotional tools advertisers use to earn attention.
- And final, creatives are always associated with an advertiser.
In layman’s terms, anything you, the business owner, put out on the internet to market your business, whether in the form of a social media post or paid ads, is, one way or another, creative.
Follow this blog as I share hands-on marketing tips with readers that I would find helpful.
Thank you for reading my post.
I am Shopi.
I help businesses build solid online foundations.
Original Image by Viktoria Akvarel on Pexel. & modified by me.